Ermagerd.

8/04/2017




I. Has. Photoshop.

So, after a long time of not being able to acquire Photoshop, complaining, scouring the internet with gimp work-arounds and tutorials (to no avail) and ultimately being held back with my design progress, I now possess the capabilities of moving forward to actual creation and not just skillfully assembling creations using other's work. I want to have work of my own to use as well.

Gimp is a powerful beast in itself, but I was just dinking around in Photoshop today and found a single tool already that would cut my workflow in half. HALF people. Half. 
I also found tools that make selection and other things way easier, it just cuts down so much time, I can achieve very much the same with Gimp but it's tedious and painful.

Now to save up for a drawing tablet, while I have gotten quite skillful with mouse drawing, I do think a tablet is in order.

So excited to get to work on something this weekend.

Hmm, what to do first?  Objects or CAS.


- Also I have completed a male sim that is stunning if I do say so myself, but of course my tastes are my own. He's ruggedly handsome, and unintentionally bears a striking resemblance to my RL hubby, minus the adorable crow's feet.

Aged Wood Set 06 is the also on the way.

I am putting off building houses for the time being while I get to work on long awaited projects that were put off due to the problems I ran into prior to getting Photoshop. Now I can properly follow along the plethora of tutorials regarding proper textures and such for my meshes.

This day started off to be really rough, but you have no idea what being able to move forward in my designing means, for years I have been frustrated, cried, worked through the night, researched, failed more than I can count, searching for that light at the end of the tunnel, cliche I know, but can truly say I'd do it all again if it's part of my eventual success in becoming a respected designer. One can only hope. Here's to hope.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts